Clip on Youtube. Thanks for sharing.
Food and cooking
- Nosh / grub – These are informal words for food.
- Lets go out for a slap up dinner. / Let’s pig out and stuff our faces! – Let’s go out and have a lot to eat!
- The food was fusion. – There was a mix of two types of food, e.g. Thai and western European.
- I really fancy an Indian! – You’re not in love with someone from India – you just want to go for a curry [spicy Indian food]!
- Fancy a ruby? – Here, ‘ruby’ is rhyming slang for ‘curry’. [Ruby Murray was one of the most popular singers in the UK in the 1950s.]
- I’m starving. I could eat a horse! – you are extremely hungry!
- I’m just a bit peckish. – You are not particularly hungry but feel like having something to eat.
See more below: