Trong giờ toán, cô giáo vẽ hai nửa hình tròn lên bảng. Bỗng một cậu học sinh kêu to: “Ô, cái mông!”
Cô giáo rất giận và mời thầy hiệu trưởng đến để kỷ luật học sinh này vì tội nói bậy trong lớp. Thầy bước vào, nhìn ngay lên bảng và nói với cậu bé: “Em sẽ bị kỷ luật nặng đấy. Tại sao em lại dám vẽ cái mông lên bảng như thế này?”
Clip on Youtube. Thanks for sharing.
Personification is a figurative language technique where an object or idea is given human characteristics or qualities. In other words, using our language, we make an object or idea do something that usually is only done by people. With personification speakers and writers make the object or idea like a person and, hence, they personify it. Personification is often confused with anthropomorphism, where human abilities and characteristics are given to animals (such as in fable, where animals talk and behave as humans do) but the term “personification” should not be applied to human-like behavior in animals.
Here are 50 examples of personification:
- Justice is blind and, at times, deaf.
- Money is the only friend that I can count on.
- The cactus saluted any visitor brave enough to travel the scorched land.
- Jan ate the hotdog despite the arguments it posed to her digestive system.
- The world does not care to hear your sad stories.
- After freedom’s sweet kiss, she could never return to the doldrums of the factory.
- Peggy heard the last piece of cheesecake in the refrigerator calling her name.
- The sorry engine wheezed its death cough.
- Drugs dragged him into this place and they wouldn’t let him leave alive.
- The buses can be impatient around here.
- These casinos are always hungry enough to eat your dinner.
- He sang a lonely song to the moonlight.
- The candle flame danced in the dark.
- Thunder grumbled and raindrops reported for duty.
- The moon turned over to face the day.
- As fall turned to winter, the trees found themselves wearing white.
- The brown grass was begging for water.
- Our society needs strong leaders.
- One unhappy icicle wasted away in the day.
- The sunflowers nodded in the wind.
- Most pianos have pretty good manners but Stephan can make them sound rude.
- The traffic noises argued long into the night and finally Cal went to sleep.
- The angry storm pounded the tin shelter.
- A school of rainbow trout swam across the mouth of the river.
- The silence crept into the classroom.
- Father Time can always catch up to you, no matter how fast you run.
- This city never sleeps.
- The sun stretched its golden arms across the plains.
- My heart has been skipping around in my chest since I saw her.
- The child of morning, rosy fingered dawn, appeared.
- Any trust I had for him walked right out the door.
- And with those four words her happiness died.
- The cigarettes stole his health and spent it on phlegm.
- Kiss your integrity goodbye.
- The trees dropped their leaves and rested.
- I overheard the streets talking about you.
- Winter’s icy grip squeezed his rib cage.
- The business world would chew you up and spit you out.
- The clouds pushed each other around in the sky.
- He had little to live for now that his dreams were dead.
- The smell of smoke tattled on the delinquent.
- The wind whispered the rumors of the forest.
- The jittery hands of corruption orchestrated the affairs at city hall.
- Still waters shivered in the wind.
- Those greedy weeds have starved the petunias.
- A case of cupcakes can be quite charming to an empty stomach.
- December light is brief and uncharitable.
- This morning had friendly greetings for peaceful sleepers.
- The party died as soon as she left.
- Light had conquered darkness.